GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at GDIT|
|Regional Care Coordinator in Silver Spring, Maryland|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Responsible for screening regional inquiries and providing assessment, referral, education and emotional support to assigned caseload of active duty service members and veterans and their families with TBI. Collaborates with DoD, Military, VA & civilian providers, agencies, organizations & groups to facilitate continuity of care and optimal patient outcomes. S/he will develop and/or maintain a current comprehensive resource bank of medical and non-medical TBI services and programs that are available for the service member with TBI and their families. TBI resources will include military, VA, and civilian services/organizations. Provides care referral documentation in record systems.
• Responsible for screening regional inquiries and providing assessment, referral and education services to assigned caseload of active duty service members and veterans with TBI and their families, especially during periods of transition or re-integration.
• Provides follow-up for a population of active duty service members and veterans with TBI who reside within, PCS to, or retire within the regional catchment of the RCC.
• Coordinates follow-up care with local case managers within DoD, VA and civilian systems of care.
• Secures, organizes and documents standardized patient information for the identified population using appropriate and approved documentation and record keeping systems.
• Assesses patients' needs, collaborate with patients' system of care and intervene to make appropriate referrals as necessary.
• Collaborates with DoD, VA & civilian providers, agencies, organizations & groups to facilitate continuity of care and optimal patient outcomes.
• Provides support, information and appropriate referrals for family members.
• Responds to requests and provide consultation and information regarding TBI resources in your region.
• Develops and maintains a current comprehensive resource bank of medical and non-medical TBI services and programs that are available for active duty, Reserve, National Guard, and veteran populations and their families within a 50 mile radius of site. TBI resources will include military, VA, and civilian services/organizations.
• Conducts training and presentations related to TBI and care coordination to healthcare provider, leadership and other groups as needed.
• Participates in professional activities, including providing educational training and attending professional conferences on behalf of DVBIC.
• Develops professional relationships with MTFs, VAMCs and civilian providers within the catchment area to facilitate resource development and referrals.
• Develops and maintains relationships with state brain injury associations and other relevant organizations within the catchment area.
• Develops and maintains professional relationships with DOD assets and Veterans Administration assets within the catchment area.
• Local responsibilities will be determined by the site director in conjunction with the national care coordination manager, but will not impede the ability of the RCC to complete primary regional care coordination responsibilities.
• Local responsibilities will be limited to activities that are relevant and parallel to regional responsibilities.
BSN for Nurses, Masters Level for Social Workers, Counselors and related fields. CCM, CBIS or other Case Management Certification preferred. Experience within clinically appropriate systems of care may be accepted in lieu of educational minimums. Must maintain Continuing Education credit sufficient to maintain both their clinical license and to meet medical facility specific Quality Assurance standards for credentialing.
Minimum 3 years of case management and/or care coordination experience required. Minimum of 3 years of TBI experience preferred. Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
Must have national certification or license to practice independently in their specialty. The Contractor must have and maintain a current license to practice in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands that allows for the independent practice of clinical services. This license must be current (not revoked, suspended, or lapsed in registration), valid (the issuing authority accepts and considers information (i.e. practitioner professional performance and conduct in determining continued licenses), and unrestricted (not subject to restriction pertaining to the scope, location, or type of practice ordinarily granted to other applicants for similar licenses in granting jurisdiction). The Tele-TBI Specialist must meet all requirements for the credentialing facilities where they will be providing services.
|Security Clearance Level||Background Check|
|Security Clearance Basis||None|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||None|
|Job ID Number||192049|
|Job Function||Science and Engineering|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.|