GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at General Dynamics IT|
|Test Engineer in Portsmouth, Virginia|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 28,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
This position is offered for a Test Engineer who will be expected to design, evaluate, plan, test hardware and software.
These activities require a candidate with " hands on " experience installing and supporting hardware, software, systems, and test labs. A thorough understanding of the system life cycle process is a must.
1. Performs engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
2. Performs various tests and documents results.
3. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance as required.
4. Identifies and documents clients functional requirements.
5. Gathers and correlates engineering data.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2-5 years of related engineering experience.
* Knowledge of engineering principles, methods and techniques
* Knowledge of the associated hardware, software and equipment
* DISA Common Operating Environment
* USCG System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Demonstrated experience in the support of electronic engineering projects
* Demonstrated ability to work independently or under general direction
* Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrate proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite
|Security Clearance Level||Secret|
|Security Clearance Basis||National Agency Check (NLC)|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||None|
|Job ID Number||198168|
|Job Function||Science and Engineering|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|