|Field Network Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph in McLean, Virginia|
Mid-Level Field Engineer - Knowledgeable of Remedy, Visio and MSOffice, Customer Service Oriented|
Network Engineering background or knowledge - Network Certifications - Network Training
Team Player - Hands On Network Troubleshooting - The Field Network Engineer (FE) possesses in depth knowledge and ability to work with Metro Ethernet (ME), Fast Ethernet (FE), DS3/DS1 end user related equipment, inlcuding installation and maintenance. The Field Engineer shall have a strong background in Avaya PBX, Voice Mail, Cisco Routers/Switches and UPS systems and the ability to work independently with some direction on data network, including servers, routers, edge switches, and desktop PC hardware. The Field Engineer should expect to travel as needed in connection with domestic special projects of short or logn duration. Field Engineers are expected to be able to evaluate data centers for the installation of equipment, install applicable equipment (with racks if needed), install and connect applicable cables, and be able to terminate to both copper and fiber circuits.
This position requires an active TS/SCI security clearance and Polygraph.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
1. Experience in IP related services: TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, PPP and SIP.
2. Experience with DS3/DS1 end user equipment
3. Experience with knowledge of Cisco routers and switches
4. Experience with commercial PBX's and associated telephones, VOIP/Data telephony.
5. Experience with UPS systems and AC/DC power systems, to include install/connection.
6. Working knowledge of CAT5, CAT6 cable, connectors, and demonstrated capability of the fabrication of equipment to meet
the set up needs of services being provided.
7. General to strong knowledge of fiber, servers, routers, edge switches, and desktop hardware.
8. Experience working with SONET rings and associated hardware.
9. Building industry Consulting servic International (BICSI) certifcation.
10. Relevant degree and/or certification from an accredited institution and/or successful relevant experience.
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|