GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at GDIT|
|Chinese Mandarin Language Instructor - Virtual Position in Falls Church, Virginia|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
NOTE: This is a virtual telecommute position with day and evening teaching availability required. Scheduled hours up to 20 per week.
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a Chinese Mandarin language speaker to serve as an online instructor and mentor to assist military members stationed throughout the U.S. and world enhance and maintain their language proficiency. The individual will develop and administer language and culture curricula through online and distance learning media that includes:
•Managing online student activities
•Providing one-on-one coaching
•Facilitating group exercises/activities
•Promoting language interaction between students
•Monitoring student progress through qualitative and quantitative assessment
•Accounting for student activity/participation
To accomplish these tasks the Instructor develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs.
1. Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers moderately complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
2. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
3. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
4. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
5. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
6. May provide work leadership for lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs.
7. Conducts research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Native speaker with bachelor's degree in education or related discipline highly desired. Master's Degree preferred. Near Native Speakers considered. The equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience will be considered.
Bachelor's degree in Chinese Mandarin, with experience in language instruction. Master's Degree preferred. The equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience will be considered.
5-8 years of directly related experience in the development and delivery of language training programs.
• Foreign language capability in speaking/listening and reading at an Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) proficiency of 4/4/4
• Extensive knowledge/comprehension of the culture(s) of the countries where Chinese Mandarin is the primary/native language
• Foreign language teaching techniques and instructional systems, to include distance learning methods
• Learning theory, psychology of learning, educational psychology, and Instructional Product Development as well as state of the art language learning tools and software
• Education evaluation, including the development of written and performance tests
• Curriculum development and evaluation. Language curriculum development is preferred, though general curriculum development is acceptable
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as these applications will be used to document student progress and evaluations, deliver course material, and document programmatic metrics
• Ability and willingness to work flexible schedule to accommodate students in U.S. and international time zones
• Ability to promote, develop, and maintain productive and amicable working relationships with diverse individuals and groups
• Experience with Adobe Connect and/or similar e-learning delivery media
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Clear and effective communicator with a demonstrated writing, speaking, and editing capability in Chinese Mandarin and English
• Sensitivity to cultural diversity and inclusion
• Ability to perform in multi-task environment; organize and prioritize multiple on-going projects
• Native speakers will be highly competitive
|Security Clearance Level||None|
|Security Clearance Basis||None|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||None|
|Job ID Number||199467|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.|