|Sr. Principal Systems Engineer-TS SCI with polygrpah in Herndon, Virginia|
A qualified candidate will assist with the development of software applications, selected for transition into an operational environment. Candidate will provide technical expertise and support for the component, an independent center within the Community. Candidate will assist with the development and implementation of a helpdesk workflow application. The candidate will be required to work closely with the component customer on a daily basis as part of the component's technical support team comprised of government and contractor personnel.
• Identify, analyze, and define System IT requirements, working with stakeholders, end-users and technical counterparts to identify "best-fit" technical solutions to meet business and workflow requirements
• Assist with the development of software applications, selected for transition into an operational environment
• Assists with the custom design, development, testing and implementation of an automated "helpdesk" workflow application
• Assist with the custom design, development, testing and implementation of an automated "helpdesk" workflow application on behalf of the component
• Validate IT requirements to ensure they are consistent with the enterprise technical architecture and internal customer functional requirements. Apply knowledge of IT requirements to design, improve, and implement work applications and processes
• Candidate must possess strong problem-solving skills and must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and demonstrate strong initiative in identifying technical problems, troubleshooting a variety of hardware and software issues, and engineering technical solutions
• Candidate should also have strong technical writing abilities, interpersonal/communication skills, and presentation and/or training skills
Candidate will perform:
• Candidate will also be required to perform ad hoc system demos and training, provide design recommendations (next steps) and enhancements (future upgrades) for new and existing systems, perform trade studies as needed and provide technical recommendations to the customer
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
• Specific required skills include systems administration in a Microsoft (MS) Windows/Active Directory environment, MS Exchange, Access databases, software application development, XML, and scripting
• Knowledgeable in life-cycle support, including maintenance, administration, and configuration management standards
• Previous experience with software application development, identifying user requirements, completing action items, scheduling and tracking project status and associated milestones
• Experience coordinating, supporting and participating in program status meetings
• Possess total systems information technology perspective to include a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies, requirements, with strong technical skills and experience encompassing a broad range of information technology (IT) fields including hardware, software, networks, and information security (INFOSEC)
• Knowledgeable in computer systems and gathering/identifying technical and functional system requirements.
• Knowledgeable in life-cycle support, including maintenance, administration, and management
• Must be able to prepare, draft and/or review program documentation, along with technical guides and instructional documentation
• Skills in generating formal presentations, user training, review documentation and participation in system and program reviews are desirable
• Possess strong problem-solving skills and must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and demonstrate strong initiative in identifying technical problems, troubleshooting a variety of hardware and software issues, and engineering technical solutions
• Strong technical writing abilities, interpersonal/communication skills, and presentation and/or training skills
• Proven ability to work with only minimum guidance and under short time constraints
• Experience in a team-oriented helpdesk/technical support environment and a strong grasp of government IT systems and networks are also important
* Experience identifying potential problem areas in software configurations and the ability to identify corrective actions
* Experience in development and deployment of web-based applications desired
* Knowledge and experience with Cisco firewalls and routers, tape backup systems, SANs, and IDS systems are a plus
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|