GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at GDIT|
|Security Analyst, Vulnerability Assessment Team (VAT) Tier 1 in Washington, District of Columbia|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Conduct operating system, application, and database vulnerability assessments (to include system configuration checks) on various Information Systems.
- Analyze vulnerability assessment results, and provide subsequent reports.
- Work alongside Information Systems Security Officers (ISSOs) and system administrators to validate and remediate identified vulnerabilities.
- Conduct regular research on current vulnerabilities and exploits using publicly available, trusted resources.
- Author information security notifications based on vulnerabilities applicable to the environment and track compliance for notifications requiring corrective action.
- Brief management on current vulnerabilities and provide countermeasure recommendations.
- Provide support for third-party auditing efforts.
CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE:
- Properly coordinate and conduct vulnerability assessments at the operating system, database, and application level.
- Utilize a combination of automated tools and manual checks identify and validate vulnerabilities.
- Assess and evaluate system configurations.
- Create scan policies in line with organizational hardening standards
- Calculate and assess risk based on threats, vulnerabilities, and mitigating factors.
- Undergo and pass a U.S. Customs Full Field Background Investigation.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
1-3 years of related experience in data security administration.
- Experience with Nessus, WebInspect, WebInspect, and AppDetective.
- Experience with Core Impact, CANVAS, and open-source penetration tools/frameworks such as Metasploit and Backtrack.
- Programming skills in PHP, ASP/.NET, C, Python, SQL, or shell scripting.
- Knowledge of information security hardening guidelines such as CIS or DoD guidelines.
- Possess one or more of the following certifications: CISSP, CISM, CEH, GWAPT, GPEN, GCWN, GCUX, or OSCP.
***MUST obtain and maintain a favorable US Customs and Border Protection Clearance***
|Security Clearance Level||Entry on Duty (EOD)|
|Security Clearance Basis||None|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||None|
|Job ID Number||202944|
|Job Function||Information Technology|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.|