GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at GDIT|
|Information Assurance Engineer -TS SCI with polgyraph in Herndon, Virginia|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
The project is a new initiative to establish a defined framework for an analytic environment to enhance the Customer tradecraft and overall data analysis. The selected Security Engineer will work on the information security of the big data framework and the next generation analysis system. The goal of this position is to assist the other security staff and contractors in implementing, integrating, testing, and evaluating selected information assurance technologies as part of the prototype system for consideration into the production system. The steps, progress, and results of the implementation, integration, testing, and evaluation will be captured in documentation. Day to day tasking may be from the security government lead or from one of the contractor leads. The information security technologies that are being evaluated as part of the prototype system include ,but are not limited to, McAfee IPS, McAfee antivirus w/quarantine manager, McAfee device control, FireEye, Vormetric, Tricryption, SecureAuth, Venafi, IPSec, NAP/802.1x, ACDS, LDAP, data tagging, DLP, auditing, server & network virtualization security, patching services, whitelisting, application protection, network and host based anomaly detection, continues monitoring, HIPS, and VDI. It is expected that the security engineer will be one of the technical and hands-on experts for all of the information assurance technologies and will work with the other people [such as the system administrators, programmers, network engineers, and other security personnel] to implement, integrate, test and evaluate these technologies. Depending on the status of the production system, some work on the production system may be necessary as it relates to information assurance. In addition, other information assurance duties may be required to include but not limited to, assisting with making sure the prototypes systems stay compliant with agency security regulation, assisting in security required documentation, such as the System Security Plan, and working with other cloud security efforts within the Customer and community.
The candidate must have an understanding of big data challenge and have a strong information security background. The candidate must have the ability to work in a mixed technical environment and maintain productivity when switching between different technologies. The candidate must work well in a team environment and have the desire to develop in an agile fashion. The candidate must also be able to communicate well within the development team and externally to both management and other organizations.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
• Extensive knowledge of Customer infosec directives and Customer information security practices and policies.
• Excellent knowledge of core communication protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, HTTP and building application-specific protocols on top of them.
• Expert general understanding of information security (cryptography, privilege separation, etc.)
• Experience and detailed understanding of technologies such as , McAfee IPS, McAfee antivirus w/quarantine manager, McAfee device control, FireEye, Vormetric, Tricryption, SecureAuth, Venafi, IPSec, NAP/802.1x, ACDS, LDAP, data tagging, DLP, auditing, server & network virtualization security, patching services, whitelisting, application protection, network and host based anomaly detection, continues monitoring, HIPS, and VDI.
• Be willing and able to learn new technologies as needed, in a self sufficient manner, and passionate when it comes to making technical breakthroughs and solving complex problems.
• Experience with open source data processing Hadoop and Map/Reduce environments.
• Experience working with very large datasets on clustered environments.
|Number of Positions||6|
|Security Clearance Level||Top-Secret|
|Security Clearance Basis||Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||Polygraph|
|Job ID Number||205029.1|
|Job Function||Information Technology|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.|