GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at General Dynamics IT|
|Systems Engineer- TS/SCI with polygraph in Herndon, Virginia|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 28,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) advises the Chief of on C-LAN and other classified networks and systems. The ISSO ensures that the security requirements and procedures are in place for the systems under the purview of the component. Additionally, the ISSO:
1. Participates in efforts associated with network and system development, implementation, operations, maintenance and procurement.
2. Determines the appropriate levels of security commensurate with the network, systems and applications.
3. Develops and maintains System Security Plans (SSP) for assigned networks and systems and conduct periodic compliance reviews of SSPs.
4. Leads efforts associated with the development and maintenance of network, system and application security plans and contingency plans.
5. Leads efforts in risk management planning and assessments to re-evaluate sensitivity of networks/systems, risks, and mitigation strategies.
6. Notifies appropriate staffs and officials of any suspected network and system incidents and assists in the investigations of incidents.
7. Establishes procedures to ensure that only authorized personnel have access to the networks and systems. Enforces security policies and safeguards and ensures users of the networks and systems have required clearances, need-to-know, appropriate indoctrinations, etc. Ensures user account termination procedures are in place.
8. Initiates network and system protective and corrective measures when a security incident or vulnerability is discovered.
9. Plans and manages network and system security improvements; sets clear objectives for security management/adherence to policy for IT Operations Service Providers.
10. Reports all security related incidents to ISSM. Initiates protective and corrective measures for all other incidents with the approval of the component Chief and the ISSM.
11. Participates in the development of network system security safeguards and standard operating procedures. Leads or participates in certification and accreditation. The ISSO and ISSM prepare certification packages.
12. Provides input to network and system security incident reports, equipment/software inventories, operating instructions, technical vulnerability reports and contingency plans.
13. Ensures system recovery processes are monitored to ensure that security features and procedures are properly restored.
14. Provides assistance and support associated with network and system declassification.
15. Ensures all personnel accessing the networks and systems complete the appropriate security training. Ensures that all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, and need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access to the IS.
16. Participates in network and system configuration management processes to include participation on appropriate CM boards.
17. Establishes network and system identification and authentication procedures and processes.
18. Conducts network and system security audits and reviews audit reports, coordinates with system owner, data owners, service providers and others, and maintains all system security documentation.
19. Ensures all security related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
1. Must have a working knowledge of D/CID 6.3 and ICD 503.
2. A working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of Customer and Community security regulations, policies and standards regarding the security and privacy of computer systems.
4. Demonstrated experience working with systems that contain special access and compartmented programs.
5. Demonstrated understanding of information systems sensitivity and operational criticality, particularly classified systems that operate at the compartmented level.
6. A minimum of five years of experience in developing and writing security guidelines, procedures and plans.
7. A minimum of 3 years of experience in conducting risk (threat and vulnerability) assessments as it applies to Federal information systems.
8. Demonstrated experience in IT security incident handling, reporting, notification and investigation.
9. Demonstrated experience in developing IT contingency plans, preparing system life cycle documentation, developing certification and accreditation packages, conducting security audits, and writing system security plans.
10. Demonstrated experience with databases to include Oracle and SQL.
* Technical degree in computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering or a related information technology field.
|Security Clearance Level||Top-Secret|
|Security Clearance Basis||Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||Polygraph|
|Job ID Number||205144|
|Job Function||Information Technology|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|