GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at General Dynamics IT|
|Systems Engineer- TS SCI with polygraph in Herndon, Virginia|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 28,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Linux System Administrator
erform duties and tasking as directed to meet varying mission needs across multiple projects and programs.
*Strong problem-solving skills and ability to comprehend database methodologies.
*Solid oral and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical topics to management and non-technical audiences.
*Is able to work with little direction or supervision.
*Demonstrates good personal time management skills, including punctuality, time reporting and completion of assigned tasks within agreed time frames.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
• Bachelors degree or higher in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
• 15+ years Systems Administrator and Engineer of a Large-Scale Linux environment.
-Lustre a Plus
-High Performance Computing (HPC) and/or Grid Computing a Plus
• 15+ years experience with knowledge of servers operating systems (Linux)
• 5+ years experience of Large-Scale (Terabytes) Linux environments.
• 5+ years Large-Scale (Terabytes) Data Sensitivity and Handling.
• 5+ years experience in system engineering or relevant technical experience in the general area of computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
• 5+ years experience with full life-cycle security activities (from Requirements to O&M).
Ability to create advanced SQL Joins:
- SQL-Server and Oracle experience a Plus
- Lucene a Plus
- Perl and Shell Scripting a Plus
- Image processing a Plus
•Advanced knowledge of servers operating systems (Windows, Linux)
- Lustre a Plus
|Security Clearance Level||Top-Secret|
|Security Clearance Basis||Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||Polygraph|
|Job ID Number||208251|
|Job Function||Information Technology|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|