|Information Assurance Engineer- TS/SCI with Polygraph in Herndon, Virginia|
The project is seeking an individual with information security knowledge and experience to assist with the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process in accordance with DCID 6/3, ICD 503, and NIST SP 800-53. The individual will assist the project team with developing and maintaining System Security Plans (SSP) and related security documentation, understanding and implementing security requirements for systems with protection levels of 1-5, and ensure the successful completion of the C&A process. The individual will ensure that information systems securely operate according to the security controls documented in the SSP once systems are approved for the production environment. Examples for ensuring proper operational security are as follows: assist Administrators with operational security compliance in accordance with DCID 6/3, ICD 503, and NIST 800-53, review of system audit logs, review Administrator actions and adherence to security policies and regulations, review account activity for Administrators, privileged users, and general users, respond to security incidents and events, review and approve proposed changes to system baseline configurations, enforce standard configuration management practices, and perform updates to security documentation. The individual will work closely with the component Information System Security Manager through regular briefings, meetings, and discussions in regard to information security. |
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
10-15 years of related experience in data security administration.
. Knowledge and experience with DCID 6/3, ICD 503, NIST SP 800-53, and other Community Standards relating to information security
. Knowledge and experience with Server/Client technologies, OSI model, and the TCP/IP model
. Experience with security vulnerability assessment tools (e.g., Nessus, WASSP, SECSCAN) and network scanning tools (e.g., Nessus, Nmap)
. Experience with Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows Domains, Active Directory, DNS, and GPO's
. Knowledge and experience with the certification and accreditation process
. Certification in one of the following: CISSP, CAP, SANS GSEC or GCIH, CCNA, Security +
. B.A./B.S. in Communications, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Assurance
. Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
. Ability to develop and maintain System Security Plans and related technical documentation
Experience with Unix/Linux, VMware, Incident Handling and Response, Configuration Management, Log management tools.
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|