|Network Engineer- TS/SCI with Polygraph in Herndon, Virginia|
This position is in support of component specific initiative. The Network Engineer will serve as the technical expert for the project in the strategic oversight and planning for network engineering. The selected candidate will provide technical leadership in the design, implementation and support of component network; reviews and evaluates network performance and risk. The selected candidate will work with the staff lead to establish overall strategic network standards and priorities; providing the highest level of technical guidance and direction in the design and implementation of networking solutions; analyzing the optimization of network system performance, oeverseeing the strategic interface of network systems configuration; using and incorporating broad technical knowledge of the diverse business areas with the enterprise in the assessment of network engineering technologies.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Serves as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
• Minimum of 15 years experience with new network architectures and implementation of networked computer systems emphasizing multiple platform environments.
• Extensive experience in virtualized environments
• Extensive experience in creating virtual environments
• Extensive experience in provisioning and managing virtual environments
• Extensive experience in application security and network security
• Extensive experience with network operating systems
• Extensive knowledge to analyze, evaluate, design and recommend network infrastructure architecture
• Excellent ability to explain protocols, technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Extensive experience to develop and prepare complex technical documents, reports and proposals
• Experience in cloud base services
• Experience with business aspects and impacts of cloud computing, potential cost considerations and strategic benefits to adoption of cloud.
• Experience with differentiating cloud categories and adoption measures
• Understanding of risk involved and risk mitigation measures in cloud computing
• Understanding of the steps to successfully adopt cloud services
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|