|Sr. Principal Systems Administrator- TS/SCI with polygraph in Herndon, Virginia|
• Experience with distributed computing platforms such as Cassandra, Hadoop and associated technologies such as MapReduce, Pig and Hive
• Recent programming experience in a production environment
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, SQS, etc.)
• Strong object-oriented coding skills
• Knowledgeable with Python programming
• Knowledgeable with Django, MongoDB, pymong, multiprocessing/threading, WSGI, and no-SQL databases
• Knowledgeable with Linux (Shell scripting, Apache, Lighttpd, MySQL, MongoDB configuration/maintenance and Cron job scheduling)
• Proficient in SaaS/high-volume, large data environments
• Proficient with .NET Framework 3.0/3.5/4.0
• Proficient with SQL Server 2005/2008 - database design and optimization
• Proficient with ASP.Net MVC 2.0/3.0 or ASP.Net Web forms
• Knowledge of UI design tools
• Moderate or advanced visual graphic design skills
• Experience with Usability Testing methods
• Experience conducting user research to understand fundamental needs and goals
• Experience with web application design
• Experience with Agile methodologies including Scrum
• Experience designing for data visualization
• Experience designing mobile web UI
• Experience designing for native or hybrid web applications
• Low fidelity / High fidelity prototyping skills
• Written and oral communication skills, with ability to document techniques, potential solutions, etc
• Ability to read, speak, and write in languages other than English (Russian, Spanish, German, French, Chinese, Arabic, etc.)
• Experience with Machine Language Translation (MLT) tools (Cybertrans, Systrans, Language Weaver, Google Translate) and/or large scale translation projects
• Experience with using web APIs and HTTP XML APIs, including but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, and any other social media API
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Provide Windows 2008 system administration support to include: implementation of Windows baseline changes, and respond to change requests (CR) and discrepancy reports (DR); perform technical evaluations, analysis, and trouble shooting for all Windows servers; build Windows servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, test plans, and security lockdowns for security hardening; and physical hardware support/builds.
2. Have current work experience and certifications in the Windows 2008 OS and related technologies.
3. Provide expertise in multiple technologies, or the ability to gain, such as database appliances, storage technologies, hardware support, including knowledge of additional operating systems- like Linux- and scripting syntaxes.
4. Provide VMWare 5.1 administration support with the ability to respond to customer requests to build Windows and Linux VMs. Also should be able to provide Citrix 6.5 administration and customers support.
5. Have strong time management (i.e., prioritize, organize and accomplish work) and problem solving (i.e., analyzing information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems) skills.
6. Have the ability to provide explanations of complex
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled|