GDIT Careers : Job Details
|Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check your LinkedIn network for connections at GDIT|
|Sr Program Manager in Frederick, Maryland|
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
***This position is Contingent Upon Contract Award***
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) Military Health Solutions and Services Group is seeking a Program Manager (PM) for support of DoD Military Health Services IM/IT projects. This technical PM will be responsible for supporting capture activities, to include but not limited to, customer engagement, strategy development, and partner team development for upcoming military medical IM/IT opportunities. The PM will transition into a program management role upon award of program(s) and will be responsible for program success. The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• Establish priorities and set direction for the day-to-day management of the program.
• Prepare materials to support both internal and external reviews with regard to cost, schedule and technical performance and be expected to lead technical proposal activities.
• Provide direct oversight of complex schedules and work with the functional areas to ensure that program/project schedules are coherent and that all action items are addressed in a timely fashion.
• Participate in the proposal phase of the various programs and develop project management plans.
• Develop staffing plan and supporting the proper staffing of the project.
• Formulate and enforce work standards, develop and manage schedules, supervise personnel and communicate the policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to the team.
• Leads program execution and has overall staffing, schedule, budget, and performance responsibility.
• Develop, maintain, and implement management plans and responsibility for all deliverables on the program.
• Interface frequently with customers and is responsible for organizing and conducting program status reviews and team meetings.
• Manage and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work and financial activities.
• Supervise assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate managers, and perform personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
• Direct program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
• Assure quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
• Coordinate and monitor subcontractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
• Develop, review, and approve plans, schedules, and other program documents.
• Prepare and provide various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
• Ensure compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Experience with LAN/WAN/WLAN/MAN support and IA Vulnerability Programs.
• Documented experience with HIPAA/PII/PHI policies.
• Familiarity with QA management approach using ITIL Best Practices.
Bachelor's Degree in IT/computer discipline, Master's preferred. At least 10 years' experience providing technical project management for Military Hospital IT projects.
Significant experience with the Military Health legacy Electronic Health Records Systems - AHLTA, CHCS, and Essentris. Must have strong understanding of military medical structure, staffing, and IT requirements. Strong management and leadership experience and the ability to supervise a geographically dispersed staff are desired. Require excellent written and oral communication skills and proficiency in MS office package. Be self-motivated, organized, and have the ability to prioritize work and work well with minimal guidance. CONUS travel up to 25% of the time is possible.
|Security Clearance Level||None|
|Security Clearance Basis||None|
|Security Clearance Polygraph||None|
|Job ID Number||211380|
|Job Function||Program Management|
|Potential for Deployment||No|
|Submit Your Profile|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend | Create a job search agent|
|If you have already submitted a profile and would like to check your status, update your information, or even submit for more positions, please login to our Candidate Portal|
|If you are having difficulty with the online job search or resume submission process, please view our F.A.Q. for assistance.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|
|General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.|