|Job Title||Senior Manager, Earned Media (Public Relations and Social Media)|
|Location||AZ - Phoenix|
|Percentage of Travel||1-25|
This position is responsible for all of PetSmart's customer-facing earned media, focusing on Public Relations and Social Media. This position reports directly to the Director of Brand Management, and works in close partnership with other Marketing centers of excellence (Paid Media, Integrated Brand, Creative, CRM and .com) as well as key partners across each business unit (Consumables, Hardgoods, Specialty Pet, and Services).
This person manages the Agency relationship with PetSmart's PR firm and owns content and strategy planning for all of PetSmart's owned social media channels. The right candidate will display a balance of PR/social media expertise with critical thinking and analytical skills to help support recommendations with data.
Directly supervise 1 Marketing associate and 1 Community Manager contractor. Responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; and coaching and developing associates. Also responsible for giving guidance, providing data-driven rationale and influencing communication plan choices with business partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
• Develop Social Media strategy (channel and content strategy) and align with Marketing VPs and CMO.
• Launch new PetSmart product/marketing initiatives with best in class earned media plans - from single product initiatives (i.e. toys/apparel, proprietary brands, services) to PetSmart master brand initiatives - in partnership with integrated brand marketing team.
• Develop A/B test and learn plans to optimize content for social and share out results - build social content capabilities within PetSmart Creative and Content team.
• Develop paid social media tests to qualify new investment tools for the business.
• Handle all customer facing crisis management for product recalls; partner with Corporate Affairs, Legal, and Merchandising to ensure real time communication to customers.
• Partner with Customer Insights & Analytics to develop actionable tracking and measurement of Earned Media effectiveness.
• Partner with CRM team to develop email acquisition opportunities with social media.
• Conduct regular competitor/competitive analysis.
• Effectively manage the Earned Media budget.
• Develop direct reports and build PetSmart Marketing organization's capabilities and understanding of the earned media space.
• Must be available for community management and media inquiries on occasional weekends/evenings as needed.
|Experience/Education||EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four year college or university in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field and ten years related experience.
Ten to fifteen years related experience, preferably within Retail or large corporate environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Highly analytical - must possess strategic analysis skills, both quantitative and qualitative
• Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to work across, up and down various functions and levels of an organization
• Demonstrated project management skills, including handling multiple assignments from conception to completion with flawless execution, on deadline and within budget
• Successful track record of managing direct reports
• Proficient in Microsoft Office - PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
|This job is no longer active. Please try your job search again|
|Want to create a job search agent?|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|