The Marketing Manager, Consumables, will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing strategies and tactics to drive the growth of new customers and retention for Consumables (food, treats, litter, etc.). This individual will develop customized and targeted marketing plans to reach the customer, drive traffic, create a meaningful customer experience and, ultimately, drive sales and loyalty.
- Leading marketing programs from inception through implementation and ensuring consistency and effectiveness through cross-functional leadership and collaboration.
- Present strategy and results to senior team members (Customer Experience EVP, Buying & Sourcing EVP, Buying & Sourcing VP, Directors, etc.)
- Develop and execute marketing plans, work cross-functionally with core business partners and vendors: includes writing creative briefs, tracking progress and ensuring on-time/budget execution.
- Work cross-functionally with creative services, store operations, merchants, finance, and other departments to understand, develop and execute strategic, customer-centric programs focused on driving Petsmart businesses
- Analyze customer, industry and competitive data to build the most effective growth strategies
- Manage forecast, tracking and accuracy of assigned budget line items, including a significant amount of vendor funding management
- Work collaboratively with key vendors throughout the industry to build brand campaigns that mutually drive our businesses
- Overall, be a functional leader that delivers against business goals by leading and managing complex cross-functional projects.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field (MBA desired), plus 5+ years experience in marketing management required.
- Knowledge of retail operations, store environment, merchandising, and consumer behavior a must.
- Requires ability to analyze data, develop new ideas and test new programs to drive sales.
- Proven ability to understand customers and markets, and translate their needs into business strategies.
- Strong conceptual and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are a must – PowerPoint and Excel in particular.