|Job Title||Manager of Enterprise Data Architecture|
|Location||AZ - Phoenix|
|Percentage of Travel||No Travel|
|Job Responsibilities||Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - Delighting our Customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
In 2007, PetSmart celebrated the opening of its 1000th store, with many more stores scheduled to open soon after. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
With many positions offering relocation packages, learn more about Life in Phoenix
Data is critical to the success of any retail organization, and at PetSmart, information is the lifeblood that drives value by enabling strategic decision making and process improvements.
We are seeking intelligent, motivated professionals who are ready to make an immediate impact to our business. You will act as a strategic partner to the business by driving solutions through our multi-terabyte Data Warehousing environment; designing and implementing architecture for integrating data throughout the organization; and developing strategies and approaches to ensure data quality and governance for PetSmart's data assets.
This position is responsible for the overall architecture, design, development, and maintenance of PetSmart's enterprise data architecture including data governance, quality, and standards across all core business and reporting applications.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role manages a team of Senior Data Architects responsible for all aspects of the enterprise information management function, from defining the strategy to execution and managing ongoing alignment across the entire PetSmart organization.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Lead the development and implementation of various strategic data architecture initiatives around Master Data Management, Data Quality, Data Architecture Policies, Standards, Governance, Privacy and Metadata Management.
• Implement and document an enhanced data architecture that meets the needs of all the functional business areas and maintain this architecture (including maintenance of the persistence layer - i.e., operational data stores, reporting warehouses, metadata management, etc.) as needed.
• Determine the effectiveness of existing technologies and processes in relation to the data architecture design, create necessary implementation/migration plans, and recommend new solutions as required.
• Develop data governance framework, clearly identifying roles and responsibilities of technology and business teams. Includes processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of data and the steps to assure accuracy and validity.
• Serve as central 'source of truth' regarding data definitions at data element and entity levels. This covers physical and logical data models, as well as in the reporting object and business glossary levels.
• Collaborate with data stewards in the business to identify the critical data elements for each master data domain (e.g., Article, Vendor, Customer, Site, Calendar, G/L, Associate) and define the business and technical metadata for each element.
• Maintain an online data catalog and an online data dictionary to facilitate open access to data models and metadata.
• Work closely with project teams, application architects, database administrators, enterprise architects and Business Intelligence teammates to ensure consistency in data definitions and data usage across systems and tools.
• Collaborate with other enterprise architecture functions (e.g., Security, Application, Technology) to develop and manage the data architecture element of the overall Enterprise Architecture.
• Create an overall data architecture roadmap and vision and get buy-in and alignment from IS and business leaders.
• Lead the development and integration of enterprise data across the organization including the production, identification, and extraction of data from source systems, the transformation and loading of data into databases, and the management and maintenance of tools used to perform these activities. A key objective will be to design and implement processes and technology to vastly improve the speed and efficiency by which data is secured and made usable.
• Accountable for data architecture design and review processes, including planning and monitoring efforts, reviewing deliverables and communicating to management.
• Promotes and deploys best practices concerning Data Architecture.
• Responsible for influencing the organization and making decisions across the enterprise related to data.
|Experience/Education Required||EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field; or equivalent work experience. Masters Degree is preferred.
• 10+ years of experience in enterprise data architecture principles, methods, techniques and technologies.
• 5+ years of management experience, including proven experience building and managing high-performing teams.
• Demonstrated ability to manage senior technology staff and to define and execute deliverables on time and in budget.
• Experienced in leading and managing delivery of projects tied to a strong understanding and ability to leverage best practices of project management methodology and solution delivery frameworks.
• Proven background of designing and implementing architectural solutions which solve strategic and tactical business needs.
• Demonstrated ability to balance architectural theory with practical solutions.
• Ability to sell ideas and gain consensus/buy-in both horizontally and vertically across the PetSmart organization.
• Experience working with global development teams, as well as managing fulltime and contracting resources.
• Ability to lead/drive teams to consensus decisions on complex business and technical data challenges
• Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing dynamic environment
• Ability to manage a large workload covering multiple projects and business disciplines.
• Detail oriented with excellent follow through.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
• Retail experience a plus.
• Strong technical understanding of data modeling, design and architecture principles and techniques across master data, transaction data and derived/analytic data; strong technical expertise in data storage/management technologies for both OLTP and DW solutions.
• Strong technical understanding of data integration standards, frameworks and best practices; especially as they relate to ETL, EDI, EAI and SOA.
• Strong competency using data modeling software tools such as ERwin and ER/Studio.
• Deep knowledge of best practices through relevant experience across data-related disciplines and technologies, particularly for enterprise-wide data architectures, data management, data governance and data warehousing.
• Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis, including translating business needs into enterprise architecture requirements.
• Strong familiarity with data management tools, including enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data quality tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools.
• Experience with Customer Master Data Management (MDM) software tools (e.g., IBM Initiate, Informatica Siperian MDM) a plus.
• Experience with PetSmart's Business Intelligence technologies (e.g., Netezza, Oracle, SQL Server, Informatica, TIBCO, MicroStrategy, SAS, Clarabridge) a plus.
|Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder|
|Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend|
|Print Job Details|
|Want to create a job search agent?|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|