|Job Title||Global Product Line Manager-Utility Scale|
|Location||CAN - BC - Burnaby|
|Job Responsibilities||Join Schneider Electric and power your career! Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric # 32877
Global Product Line Manager-Utility Scale
The Solar Business Unit is charged with developing Schneider Electric's position in the emerging and challenging photovoltaic market. It is organized around 3 lines of business:
• Utility Scale Power Plants & Large Commercial Rooftops (USLC)
• Residential and Small Commercial Rooftops (RSC)
• Off grid & Mobile products and systems (OG)
To support the business, the USLC LoB has defined a set of Solution Bricks:
• Large 3-phase PV Inverters
• Pre-defined Electrical Cabinets (string combiners, sub-array recombiners)
• PV Boxes: (prefabricated conversion substations)
• Control and Monitoring Systems (currently based on Clear Scada)
This opportunity description encompasses the Global Product Management of the Large 3-phase PV Inverters. The Global Product Line Manager (GPLM) is responsible for growing the Off-Grid Solar Business with the management of products through all stages of the product life cycle and driving the product roadmap to increase market share position in existing markets and accelerate penetration into emerging economies. The GPLM works closely with Customers, Schneider Electric selling organizations, Regional Product Marketing, Engineering and Operations to evaluate product opportunities, market conditions, and form an understanding of competitive portfolios in order to maximize development efforts and return on investment. The GPLM has global ownership and accountability for the specified USLC Solar product line.
The owner of this job shall:
• Have ownership and accountability for the commercial success of the product line in support of Schneider Electric's solar business unit goals.
• Provide leadership for the cross-functional team charged with delivering on that commercial success.
• Understand customer and country priorities, requirements and pains points, and define the Unique Value Proposition (UVP) for each product in his/her scope. Continually seek out and evaluate sources of product differentiation in support of the product's Unique Value Proposition.
• Own the global roadmap for his/her products. For this, he/she will be supported by Regional solution marketing managers who will bring the local vision, in particular for North America which is an important target market with specific standards and habits.
• Develop business cases to be proposed to Senior Management in order to quantify the business benefits of any proposed new product development, feature enhancements and adaptations, and to back the proposal with sufficient market data and financial analysis. Ensure that all proposed initiatives are in alignment with Schneider Electric's USLC strategic plan.
• Analyze the financial performance of the product portfolio and define commercial growth plans that encompass revenue, share, margin and adoption/ penetration goals.
• Define product pricing, logistics offer and warranty conditions. Monitor product competitiveness and launch specific commercial actions when necessary.
• Lead & validate the sales forecasting process for the necessary products.
• Interact effectively with other Product Managers (Solutions, Monitoring, Services) to guarantee the technical suitability and effectiveness of the overall product offering.
• Identify in other Schneider Electric product portfolios (mainly Power and Infrastructure) "missing links" preventing the Solar Business from offering top-class solutions. Contribute to the specifications of these "missing links". Lobby to have them incorporated in other businesses roadmaps.
• Launch new products by driving the launch process and by creating and updating the PMP documentation related to a new product release.
• Provide market input into the technology roadmap that will steer research and development.
• Support sales & business development teams through customer meetings and interactions.
• Feed the USLC Marcom team with appropriate information to build promotional documentation and define promotional plans for each product in his/her scope.
• Create and update the PMP / PEP documentation of each product in his/her scope.
• Monitor and analyse the competition. Create and update competition benchmarks for products in his/her scope.
• 5+ years Product Management experience (8-10 years total industry experience) with complex capital goods in an energy/ industrial market, preferably in renewable or alternative energy, and ideally in the solar industry.
• Exceptional business acumen and analysis skills: a strong understanding of business case construction, ROI metrics, contribution models and opportunity cost.
• Exceptional leadership abilities: ownership, accountability, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional creativity, initiative and drive.
• A demonstrated ability to assess the customer's needs, current/future market opportunities and to subsequently project revenues, pricing trends, cost targets and product adoption curves.
• A proven track record of delivering measurable results in alignment with the product roadmap and strategic objectives.
• Strong experience with, and understanding of, complex and lengthy sales cycles, product development cycles, regulatory requirements and broad geographic product requirements.
• Good knowledge of Utility-Scale Power Plants, preferably in the context of renewable or alternative energy, and ideally solar energy.
• Good knowledge of the solar market, customers and Schneider Electric competitors is a definite asset.
• Good knowledge of applicable standards: IEC, UL is an asset
• Based in Burnaby, BC. No restriction to travel (estimate: 25% of time).
• A technical background with a Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or science. Preference for a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and an MBA.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit. Our values define our company.
Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, pension plan, training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy!
If you are interested in this position please apply directly online at our website: www.schneider-electric.com REF# 32877
This position will remain open until filled.
|We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.|
|Submit Resume | Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend|
|If you don't have a resume, click here to use our resume builder.|
|Want to create a job search agent?|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|