|Job Title||Power Systems Application Engineer- Renewable Energy|
|Location||CAN - ON - Mississauga|
|Job Responsibilities||About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy. www.schneider-electric.com
Power Systems Application Engineer- Renewable Energy
LOCATION: Schneider Electric, Mississauga, Ontario
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Power Systems Engineering
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Power Systems Application Engineer- Renewable Energy shall work towards optimizing Schneider Electric's utility scale renewable energy solutions with innovative design improvements, value engineering, and adaptation for customers' specific requests.
* Responsible for developing and managing the specifications for Schneider-Electric's Inverter Stations, Grid Tie Substations, PV plant SCADA and controllers.
* Provide design engineering and technical consultation to customers as the lead engineering interface, drawing on internal resources and support as necessary
* Work closely with the commercial team and customers to ensure the technical solution meets the market needs.
* Responsible for technical qualification of new products and vendors to be incorporated into the renewable energy solutions.
* Liaise with purchasing team to provide specifications and requirements for third party equipment that best fit project requirements.
* Review solution proposals for compliance with customer RFP requirements
* Develop SLD, specifications, and scope of work limits for electrical EPC bids, focusing on utilization of standardized solutions.
* Provide support to Schneider Electric service personnel in testing and commissioning renewable energy projects.
* Provides engineering service cost estimates, training/presentation to customers on engineering services
* Provide technical feedback to product managers and R&D team on emerging market requirements
* Develop expertise on targeted product lines for renewable segment including inverters, SCADA, switchgear, protection and control
* Represent Schneider Electric in industry association technical discussions and working groups
* Candidate shall have the aptitude for working successfully on project teams with oral and written communications skills.
* Willing to travel to various customer locations.
* Electrical Engineering degree, Electric Power Engineering specialization
* Prefer 3- 5 years experience related to renewable energy project design, substation design, or power conversion application engineering
* Engineering Registration (P.Eng.)
* Experience in managing projects or coordinating multidisciplinary teams
* Experience with job proposals and ability to work with commercial team, project developers, and engineering consultants on defining optimal system level solutions for project opportunities
* Theoretical electrical and network architecture expertise, protection knowledge , and electrical layout diagram
* Excellent attitude toward providing system solutions to customers
* Familiarity with utility integration of renewable energy projects, including requirements from HONI, IESO, OPA, LDCs, CSA and ESA
* Proven skills in written and oral communication of technical topics
* Microsoft Office, AUTOCAD, Unity PLC programming software and SCADA software experience is preferred.
|We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.|
|This job is no longer active. Please try your job search again|
|Want to create a job search agent?|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|