|Job Title||Power Electronics Engineer|
|Location||USA - CA - Livermore|
CAN - BC - Burnaby
|Job Responsibilities||As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centers/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the company's 114,000 employees achieved sales of more than $25 billion in 2008, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations "Make the most of their energy."
Xantrex by Schneider Electric is a global leader in power converter solutions for renewable energy applications.
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate individual to assume the role of Power Electronics Engineer at our Livermore,CA facility.
This role serves as a key member of a product team responsible for the design, development and support of new power conversion and control products targeted for use in the rapidly growing renewable energy market.
• Support Production Engineering staff by providing technical guidance and resolving problems related to performance of products currently in production.
• Keep informed on the latest technical developments, regulatory codes and standards, and application requirements related to power converters in applicable markets.
• Conduct experimental tests, analyze test data, and write test reports to record operating performance and provide data to support product compliance with customer or internal specifications and applicable third party standards.
• Plan, coordinate, and supervise assembly and testing of prototype power converters.
• Prepare and supervise preparation of technical documents and drawings required by the Company's Product Development and Support process and for use in manufacturing, installation, operation and service of products.
• Responsible for performing engineering work related to the design, application and support of power electronic converters and control systems.
• Support feasibility studies, and simulations as required to assess the technical and economic viability of new product concepts.
• Develop detailed engineering specifications for power converter systems based on general product requirements determined by market research or customer supplied information.
• Perform system level and detailed design of power converter electrical systems to meet the requirements of the engineering specification.
• Support production test system development through creation of test plans and procedures.
• A four year degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required and at least 2 years of design experience.
• Design experience with high frequency three phase power electronic converters used in inverters, battery chargers or power supplies.
• Knowledge and experience with preparing product specifications and product performance test procedures or plans.
• Experience designing electrical systems that comply with North American and international codes and standards.
• Experience with embedded digital control and C programming desired.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
|We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.|
|This job is no longer active. Please try your job search again|
|Want to create a job search agent?|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|