|Job Title||Project Manager|
|Location||CAN - MB - Winnipeg|
|Job Responsibilities||About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy. www.schneider-electric.com
Schneider Electric Power Business Unit has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate/motivated individual to assume the role of Project Manager in our McLaughlin location.
The incumbent manages solution execution project; project within a single business or multi businesses, light or medium size. The Project Manager organizes projects, monitors progress and assesses and manages the risks. The Project Manager will also manage complete scope job process for moderate size/complexity, order preparation through financial close-out and provides technical support.
• Manage and execute the project in accordance with the principles contained within Project Management Body Of Knowledge (PMBOK).
• Develop full scale project plans and define project tasks and resource requirements.
• Manage project budget, resource allocation and day-to-day operational aspects.
• Provide direction & support to the project team.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
• Ensure project deliverables meet company's quality standard and contract requirements;
• Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
• Oversee quality control throughout the project life cycle.
• Minimize exposure and risk on project.
• Develop and implement recovery / mitigation plans for unanticipated eventualities.
• Diligently manage ‘change order' process.
• Constantly monitor and report on progress to concerned stakeholders.
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Assist in evaluation and assessment of project KPIs.
• Facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
• Develop relationships with client / consultant personnel that foster long term business ties.
• Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
• Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
• Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant experience.
• Certification in Project Management (CAPM preferred).
• Proven project management experience of 5-8 yrs in electrical industry.
• A track record in overseeing the planning and execution of large projects involving electrical distribution equipment and / or industrial automation systems will be given preference.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills are required.
• Ability to plan and organize effectively and has strong decision making skills.
• Effective communication, facilitation and strong negotiation skills
• Experience with conflict management and resolution
• Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
• General instructions will be provided, but is expected to perform independently.
• Advanced Computer skills: MS Office (excel, word, power point) / MS Projects
• Bilingual preferred (English / French).
• Ability to travel (30%).
• Other duties as required.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching pension, training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros (approx 29.7 billion dollars) sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations "Make the most of their energy."
Schneider Electric is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified women and men, including visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities.
Please apply online at http://us-careers.schneider-electric.com.
|We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.|
|This job is no longer active. Please try your job search again|
|Want to create a job search agent?|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|