|Job Title||Field Project Lead - Power|
|Location||CAN - ON - Toronto|
|Job Responsibilities||About Schneider Electric:
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy. www.schneider-electric.com
The Lead FSE provides representation and oversight from a field perspective
for large or commercially sensitive jobs. These activities take place during
several phases of the job, including; pre-sales, factory testing, and
installation, pre-start-up, commissioning, and final turn over to the
customer. These activities involve Schneider Electric equipment as well
as all items covered in the sale, such as switchgear, monitoring equipment
II. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Lead FSE role and responsibilities will vary depending on the scope
and requirements of the job, will include but not limited to the following:
A. Pre-Sales Support:
1. Review Submittal Packages
2. Review technical specification with sales department and Factory Project
Managers to identify field operations scope of project as defined in the
Schneider Electric bid package.
3. Interface with Sales dept to ensure proper specification compliance.
B. Factory Support:
1. Assist the Test Department in developing any required custom test
2. Attend factory witness testing as required
3. Follow-up with Factory Project Managers to insure punch list items
identified during factory witness test are resolved before shipment.
4. Insure punch list items identified as field repairable are completed
when the equipment arrive on-site.
5. Interface with engineering, quality, and product support as required.
1. A formal and comprehensive discussion of the elements and scope
of work and change order policy/process must be held between the
Field PM, Sales, and the customer.
2. Advise District Service Manager of project staffing requirements.
3. Interface with contractors, vendors, and customer, acting as a
single point of contact
4. Provide job specific technical support.
5. Work with Field Management and Dispatch to insure site
staffing/scheduling meets job requirements.
6. Coordinate all site testing, 3rd party labor, and test equipment as
7. Interface with the factory to resolve any site related technical
1. Identify manpower/labor requirements based on work specification
2. Develop overall project schedule and monitor ongoing potential impacts
3. Identify and report potential margin impacts
4. Identify and report on work requested outside of the original scope insuring
change orders are generated
5. Provide regular status reports to the responsible District Service
Manager and Regional Service Director.
6. Final Turnover:
1. Direct feedback to factory for problem resolution.
2. Provide the required site documentation per the specification.
3. Obtain customers final acceptance, per the specification at job
III. OTHER FUNCTIONS
1. Coordinate specialized commissioning / testing of systems
2. Conduct site specific training for customers and Field Engineers
3. Provide support to Hi Profile Regional accounts
4. Provide Technical support to Regional personnel at management
5. Conduct site and Rep PR visits during Regional travels.
6. Mentor with Regional FE's as situations present themselves.
7. Coordinate communications to Field and Factory as to lessons
learned during projects.
8. Other duties as assigned by Regional Director.
IV. JOB SPECIFICATIONS
A. Education: Associates Degree in electronics, electrical theory or similar
discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Bachelor's degree in
same disciplines highly desirable. Military training is an acceptable
equivalent to a formal degree.
B. Experience: Five to seven years of field repair / customer service
experience with ups, electrical, electro-mechanical or electronics related
equipment or equivalent military equipment experience required. Three to
five years of Schneider Electric specific product experience required. Two
to four years Schneider Electric experience as a Senior Field Service
C. Skills/Characteristics necessary to perform essential functions:
1. Advanced working knowledge of critical power systems installation
2. Experience with critical power equipment, including UPS,
switchgear, batteries, monitoring equipment, generators, etc
3. Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics and
4. Strong Technical and troubleshooting skills.
5. Strong Organizational Skills
6. Strong Technical Writing skills, including use of Word, Excel, MS
7. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to deal with clients on a variety of
levels, often in stressful situations.
8. Ability to operate in a decision-making capacity.
9. Maintain valid state vehicle operator's license.
|We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.|
|This job is no longer active. Please try your job search again|
|Want to create a job search agent?|
|Clear Cart||Check out & Submit Resume|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|