Complete Details for Developer
Location: Calgary, AB
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure currently has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual to assume the role of Developer in our Oil and Gas Platform team located in Calgary, AB.
The Oil & Gas Platform group is chartered with the creation, maintenance, and support of the baseline O&G technologies. These include the O&G extended OASyS DNA, O&G Protocols, LMS, GMAS, RT-Gas, GDO and SimSuite Pipeline. The philosophy of the Platform group is that of a product development organization. Thus professional software development processes are followed throughout the full development life cycle, including source control, code reviews, formal QA, and formal release management, in order to deliver quality products while lowering the cost of deployment and ownership. The resulting software is provided to the O&G Projects for their deployment to our customers.
This position is typically held by individuals who have 0 to 2 years of post-degree relevant O&G industry experience. This position involves continued development and configuration of single components of a system (in this instance Gas & Measurement components) with a broadening of expertise into multi-component systems under the direction of a more senior developer (that is, growing into a general Gas & Measurement developer able to contribute to the broader suite as a whole).
Detailed responsibilities include:
- The Software Developer is tasked with designing and developing software modules according to a defined architecture
- The Software Developer may be tasked with implementing fixes to Software Exception Reports (SERs)
- The Software Developer is tasked with preparing Design Documents, Test Plans and executing unit tests to validate newly developed software and or fixes to Software Exception Reports (SERs)
- The Software Developer may be tasked with addressing Support Desk Inquiries (SDIs) to analyze potential system problems
- Proper usage of prescribed software development and maintenance procedures must be adhered to at all times
- Written Communication – express key aspects of written information in a clear and concise way
- Organization and Planning – work by objectives, organizing necessary means and resources; ensure clarity of jobs, tasks and information through written schedules
- Establishing Priorities – work in a clear, organized and systematic way, adhering to task deadlines
- Initiative – perform independently; be attentive to opportunities relating to work; act decisively in situations that arise
- Self-motivation for learning – feel comfortable in new work situations; understand new and diverse concepts; incorporate new daily work methods
- Willingness – willingly take on new tasks; show an open attitude towards exposure to new areas
- Analytical ability – recognize the principle cause-effect relationships in problems; anticipate obstacles in the implementation of a plan and prepare contingency plans accordingly
- Innovation and Creativity – to show a willingness to understand innovative ideas and to apply new insights to existing situations
- Basic understanding of concepts related to highly-redundant, mission-critical systems
- Ability to write Detailed Design Documents
- Program and review software source code in C, C++ and C# or MS SQL Server stored procedures, triggers etc.
- Experience with Telvent’s products is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline such as Math, Physics or Geosciences, with 0 to 2 years related post-secondary experience in software/systems development, preferably in the Oil&Gas industry, or
- A Technology Diploma with 2+ years related post-secondary experience in software/systems development, preferably in the Oil&Gas industry
We offers these excellent rewards and benefits as part of our total compensation:
- Summer day off program
- RRSP company matching program
- Supplemental unemployment benefits
- Employer paid health & dental coverage
- Training and development
- Flexible health & wellness spending account
- Onsite gym
- Employee recognition award program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee transportation allowance
- Financial planning (administered through a third party provider)
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations “Make the most of their energy.”
Submit Your Resume Online
Send this job to a friend
|We value diversity of culture, professions and experience and are an equal opportunity employer.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|