Complete Details for Product Support Analyst, Smart Client
|Job Title||Product Support Analyst, Smart Client|
Product Support Analyst, Smart Client
Location: Calgary, AB
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
At Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure, we build the future. We are the industry leader in energy management solutions, and it is our mission to create an efficient sustainable world through cutting-edge technology and innovative software development.
Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure currently has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to assume the role of Product Support Analyst in our Calgary location, specializing in Smart Client support.
The R&D Innovations creates software that controls critical infrastructure in diverse industries such as oil and gas, water management, traffic control, weather information gathering, and next-generation electrical Smart Grid solutions. We pioneer the development of ground-breaking real-time software that mandates highly secure, reliable, and failsafe systems, making us the leading choice in supply chain solutions for Fortune 100 oil and gas companies. Our team needs individuals who can embrace challenge and thrive in a dynamic development culture. At R&D Innovations , you will work with a talented team of renowned professionals to deliver a growing range of software solutions that manage the world's natural resources and supply modern needs.
In the Calgary office, we are primarily responsible for enhancing and maintaining the OASyS product, a platform for near-real-time, high throughput, highly secure, highly reliable, multi-redundant computer systems, often used in SCADA environments.
The primary responsibility of the Product Support team is to deliver timely, customer focused support for the OASyS product, developed in house. This position is an advanced support role requiring frequent interaction with other Product Support team members, project delivery teams and developer teams. All duties of this position are expected to be carried out under minimal direct supervision.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Processing of Support Desk Inquiries (SDIs) and Software Exception Reports (SERs), particularly those related to the Smart Client product
- Reproducing SDI/SER reported problems in a controlled baseline environment
- Deep diagnosis and error tracing to identify a fix or a development opportunity
- Updating release notes and install guides for hot fixes
- Contributing to the knowledgebase and community wiki
- Participation in user Smart Client research and GUI usability tests
- contribute to creating test cases relevant to the way the product is used
- Organization and Planning – organize multiple tasks into a relevant sequence taking into account the anticipated effort required, the time available, priorities, and direction from management
- Customer focus paired with strong oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal Relations – facilitate and maintain active relationships with all parties related to issues being investigated
- Self-motivation for learning – look for alternative sources of knowledge, and share information with others
- Innovation and Creativity – identify areas of improvement within the work unit; propose new ideas to effectively resolve issues and situations
- Knowledge of enterprise, large-scale software development for highly-redundant, mission-critical systems
- Experience in debugging and profiling complex client/server systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency with programming and debugging in VB .NET
- Familiarity with the following Microsoft technologies: Active Directory, WCF, WPF, SQL Server, C/C++,C#, but preferably both
- A good understanding of object oriented design principals
- Visual Studio experience desirable
- Knowledge of OASyS SCA product features, capabilities and display customization highly desirable
- Experience with defect management and source control management systems
- Strong ability to program and review software source code
- Anticipate risk points in the development process
- Assist Programmer/Analysts on project development team with technical problems and questions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline such as Math, Physics or Geosciences, with 3+ years related post-secondary experience in software/systems development/support, preferably in the SCADA industry, or
- A Technology Diploma, with 5+ years related post-secondary experience in software/systems development/support, preferably in the SCADA industry
- An Engineer in this position will be a registered professional with APEGGA
- experience in graphic design nice to have
We offer these excellent rewards and benefits as part of our total compensation:
- Summer day off program
- RRSP company matching program
- Supplemental unemployment benefits
- Employer paid health & dental coverage
- Training and development
- Flexible health & wellness spending account
- Onsite gym
- Employee recognition award program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee transportation allowance
- Financial planning (administered through a third party provider)
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations “Make the most of their energy.”
Submit Your Resume Online
Send this job to a friend
|We value diversity of culture, professions and experience and are an equal opportunity employer.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|