Complete Details for Senior Systems Analyst
|Job Title||Senior Systems Analyst|
Senior Systems Analyst
Location: Calgary, AB
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure currently has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to assume the role of Senior Systems Analyst in our Calgary location. To be considered, submit your application to requisition 222 at http://us-careers.schneider-electric.com.
At Smart Infrastructure, we build the future. We are the industry leader in energy management solutions, and it is our mission to create an efficient sustainable world through cutting-edge technology and innovative software development.
The R&D Innovations creates software that controls critical infrastructure in diverse industries such as oil and gas, water management, traffic control, weather information gathering, and next-generation electrical Smart Grid solutions. We pioneer the development of ground-breaking real-time software that mandates highly secure, reliable, and failsafe systems, making us the leading choice in supply chain solutions for Fortune 100 oil and gas companies. Our team needs individuals who can embrace challenge and thrive in a dynamic development culture. At R&D Innovations, you will work with a talented team of renowned professionals to deliver a growing range of software solutions that manage the world's natural resources and supply modern needs.
The Senior Systems Analyst position involves the design and development of multiple software components within the Smart Infrastructure product suite. The Senior Systems Analyst is expected to work toward technical leadership and an area of expertise within the product through hands on design and development efforts and increasing leadership responsibilities. All duties of this position are expected to be carried out under the guidance of a Technical Specialist, but with increasingly minimal direct supervision.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and develop software modules according to a defined architecture
- Prepare design documents and test plans and execute unit tests to validate newly developed software and or fixes to Software Exception Reports (SERs)
- Leadership responsibilities will include providing technical guidance to other members of the department, including mentoring junior staff
- Address Support Desk Inquiries to analyze potential system problems and to implement software fixes
- Understanding and adherence to proper usage of prescribed software development and maintenance procedures
- Providing regular test reports and status updates to the development teams and to management.
- 5+ years related post-secondary experience in software/systems development, preferably in the SCADA industry
- Ability to review and understand software requirements and evaluate new possibilities
- Demonstrate self-motivation for learning and feel comfortable in new work situations
- Demonstrate initiative by working independently and act decisively in situations that arise
- Willingness to identify new opportunities, progressively widening and enriching the activities and functions one performs
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience coordinating projects and leading small teams is an asset
- Demonstrate proficiency in C/C++ or C#, but preferably both.
- Familiarity with the following Microsoft technologies: Active Directory, WCF, WPF, SQL Server, .NET
- Experience with defect management and source control management systems
- Experience developing, debugging and profiling complex client/server systems.
- Demonstrate analytical ability and recognize the principle cause-effect relationships in problems
- Demonstrate innovation and show a willingness to understand creative ideas and apply new insights to existing situations
- Demonstrate basic understanding of concepts related to highly-redundant, mission-critical systems
- Ability to write Detailed Design Documents
- Strong ability to program and review software source code and solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline such as Math, Physics or Geosciences, or a related technical diploma with equivalent additional experience
- An Engineer in this position will be a registered professional, or eligible for registration with APEGA
We offer these excellent rewards and benefits as part of our total compensation:
- Summer day off program
- RRSP company matching program
- Supplemental unemployment benefits
- Employer paid health & dental coverage
- Training and development
- Flexible health & wellness spending account
- Onsite gym
- Employee recognition award program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee transportation allowance
- Financial planning (administered through a third party provider)
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations “Make the most of their energy.”
Please apply online at http://us-careers.schneider-electric.com. This position will be posted until filled.
Submit Your Resume Online
Send this job to a friend
|We value diversity of culture, professions and experience and are an equal opportunity employer.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|