Complete Details for Senior Technical Specialist
|Job Title||Senior Technical Specialist|
Senior Technical Specialist
Location: Calgary, AB
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure currently has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to assume the role of Senior Technical Specialist in our Calgary location.
At Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure, we build the future. We are the industry leader in energy management solutions, and it is our mission to create an efficient sustainable world through cutting-edge technology and innovative software development.
The R & D Innovations creates software that controls critical infrastructure in diverse industries such as oil and gas, water management, traffic control, weather information gathering, and next-generation electrical Smart Grid solutions. We pioneer the development of ground-breaking real-time software that mandates highly secure, reliable, and failsafe systems, making us the leading choice in supply chain solutions for Fortune 100 oil and gas companies. Our team needs individuals who can embrace challenge and thrive in a dynamic development culture. At R & D Innovations, you will work with a talented team of renowned professionals to deliver a growing range of software solutions that manage the world's natural resources and supply modern needs.
This particular Senior Technical Specialist is recognized as being an established in-depth Technical Leader in one or more areas of OASyS DNA expertise. Through their past experience, they have a deep and wide span of knowledge of the OASyS DNA product suite, and have been the go-to person who has resolved issues in all product areas.
This person is looking to go beyond solving problems on a single OASyS DNA system, and using their special skills to build a legacy helping multiple systems and driving product change. They are not afraid of hard challenges, and in fact, run towards them. They are eager to learn and be tested beyond their regular day-to-day challenges.
Upon joining our team, this individual will experience full integration into the R+D community, and they will not only solve the most interesting support issues, they will use these experiences to advocate for future product changes that will make a significant difference in our customer’s systems. This Senior Technical Specialist will be part of the core circle of OASyS DNA product experts within R+D, and will have direct access to the required knowledge and people to help them get the job done.
All duties of this position are expected to be carried out under minimal direct supervision. This position may be responsible for the direct supervision of any level of analysts/engineers and include Team Leadership duties.
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluate the most complex system issues and failures, determining root cause and establishing a resolution plan for the customer
- Evaluation of running field systems that have been experiencing occasional low grade issues that have gone unresolved, establishing appropriate tuning and establishing a proactive maintenance plan to eliminate these from becoming failures
- Periodic travel to customer locations, sometimes with short notice
- Communicate regular status updates:
• To external customers during stressful situations, demonstrating calmness and leadership
• To internal stakeholders, liaising with R+D managers to find solutions
- Pattern analysis of all issues found, documenting commonality and advocating for both product and process changes holistically across the organization
- Working closely with Product Management and Development to identify enhancements to the product that facilitate
• Better stability and customer experience
• Reduced product complexity
• Improved tools, debugging, and monitoring facilities within the product to detect problems before they occur, and increase the ability to determine root cause of problems that have occurred
- Development of scripts and tools to facilitate investigation and monitoring
- Developing resolutions to defects found within the product, and implementing the above suggested product enhancements
- 5+ years of being a successful technical leader in OASyS DNA
- History of working with OASyS DNA in a production environment
- Demonstrated capability to understand the risk of the suggestions they are making, as balanced against the conditions the system is experiencing
- Capable of approaching issues cautiously, methodically, and systematically
- Capable of documenting their underlying decision making logic, the scientific approach to deducing the problem, and the solution steps required to overcome a problem
- Detail oriented
- Respects and understands the ramifications of working on a live control system
- Understands how and when to perform backups, and create backout plans
- Risk analysis and mitigation must be part of their core approach to all problems
- Strong customer communication skills, with an inherent ability to demonstrate calmness under fire
- Confident in receiving direct input from the end customer
- Capable of working with the uniqueness of specific customer configurations across multiple industries
- Capable of being diplomatic in communications and customer interactions, taking into account that each customer’s history and the stage of their project lifecycle is unique
- Ensures that the customer’s trust in Smart Infrastructure is maintained and strengthened with each interaction
- Expertise across all technical facets of OASyS DNA
- Demonstrate proficiency in C/C++ and C#
- Experience debugging and profiling OASyS DNA systems
- Experience with Active Directory, MS SQL Server, Windows Server
- Experience with defect management and source control management systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline such as Math, Physics or Geosciences, or a related technical diploma with equivalent additional experience
- Professional Engineer designation or Engineer-in-training, if applicable
We offer these excellent rewards and benefits as part of our total compensation:
- Summer day off program
- RRSP company matching program
- Supplemental unemployment benefits
- Employer paid health & dental coverage
- Training and development
- Flexible health & wellness spending account
- Onsite gym
- Employee recognition award program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee transportation allowance
- Financial planning (administered through a third party provider)
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations “Make the most of their energy.”
Submit Your Resume Online
Send this job to a friend
|We value diversity of culture, professions and experience and are an equal opportunity employer.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|