Complete Details for Development Manager
|Job Title||Development Manager|
Location: Calgary, AB
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure currently has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to assume the role of Development Manager in our Calgary location. To be considered, submit your application to requisition 240 at http://us-careers.schneider-electric.com.
At Smart Infrastructure , we build the future. We are the industry leader in energy management solutions, and it is our mission to create an efficient sustainable world through cutting-edge technology and innovative software development.
The R & D Innovations creates software that controls critical infrastructure in diverse industries such as oil and gas, water management, traffic control, weather information gathering, and next-generation electrical Smart Grid solutions. We pioneer the development of ground-breaking real-time software that mandates highly secure, reliable, and failsafe systems, making us the leading choice in supply chain solutions for Fortune 100 oil and gas companies. Our team needs individuals who can embrace challenge and thrive in a dynamic development culture. At R & D Innovations, you will work with a talented team of renowned professionals to deliver a growing range of software solutions that manage the world's natural resources and supply modern needs.
The Development Manager will manage the product lifecycle for the Infrastructure of the OASyS DNA Product Suite from initial requirements definition through development and testing. The Development Manager will own the implementation of the feature roadmap for the Infrastructure Product Suite. They are a partner in developing this roadmap with Product Management and will coordinate with other Development Managers for overlaps/dependencies with other product suites. The Development Manager owns the overall quality of this product in partnership with the QA Manager, and the scope and timing of their product releases in partnership with the Release Manager.
This is a senior technical and management role. The Development Manager must have (or develop) deep technical expertise in the Infrastructure Product Suite. They will be responsible for leading one or more technical teams. This may include very involved management of junior employees, through to coaching of senior team technical specialists who are leading teams themselves. The Development Manager is ultimately responsible for both task allocation as well as HR management of all of these resources. The Infrastructure team currently has 7 developers, with plans for growth. Note that the team consists of geographically disbursed members, and therefore involves management of remote employees.
The Development Manager:
- Owns the product life cycle
- Understands customer requirements
- Works with Product Management to prioritize features and defects
- Determines the hotfix & release schedule for their product in partnership with the Release Manager and Product Management
- Accountable for quality of their product
- Maintains good relationship with the delivery team verticals for each industry vertical
- Ultimately owns decisions on – but may delegate the implementation of the following tasks to their teams:
o Detail out requirements, break out requirements into development tasks
o Identify the solution for specific features, assess feasibility of different options
o Assign tasks to resources, schedule the overall timeline, understand interdependencies, manage risks, communicates with stakeholders, negotiates with stakeholders
- Responsible for recruiting, training and performance management of employees
- Participates with the R+D Management team and contributes to the overall operation of the department including communication, budgeting, process improvements, and special projects
- Generate Product/Project Documentation during the development process and its subsequent release
- Works with the Documentation team to ensure the product features and changes are well documented
- Collaborates with Architecture on the long term product vision
- Communicates with Industry vertical stakeholders
- At least 1 year as an OASyS DNA Technical Specialist or Industry Specialist
- Participated in the complete lifecycle of a major project
- 7+ years related post-secondary experience in software/systems development, preferably with OASyS or in the SCADA industry
- Experience in large scale product development desirable
- Independent decision maker – develop ideas and proposals to suggest changes and make decisions
- Strong initiative – proactively make use of resources to offer solutions or resolve problems
- Interpersonal Relations – maintain and facilitate relationships outside one’s immediate environment
- Self-motivation for learning – look for alternative sources of knowledge, and share information with others
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organization skills
- Collaboration and negotiation with internal and external groups
- Team building and motivational skills
- Proven capability to delegate work across a large team or multiple teams
- Knowledge of enterprise, large-scale software development for highly-redundant, mission-critical systems
- Demonstrate proficiency in C/C++ or C#, but preferably both.
- Experience with Windows Server, MS SQL Server, Reporting Services, Microsoft Clustering Services is preferred.
- Familiarity with the following Microsoft technologies: Active Directory, WCF, WPF, .NET
- Experience with defect management and source control management systems
- Capability to provide accurate effort estimates for solutions which have not yet been fully developed
- Anticipate risk points in the development process
- Assist developers on project development team with technical problems and questions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines, or a related diploma with equivalent additional experience
We offer these excellent rewards and benefits as part of our total compensation:
- Summer day off program
- RRSP company matching program
- Supplemental unemployment benefits
- Employer paid health & dental coverage
- Training and development
- Flexible health & wellness spending account
- Onsite gym
- Employee recognition award program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee transportation allowance
- Financial planning (administered through a third party provider)
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations “Make the most of their energy.”
Please apply online at http://us-careers.schneider-electric.com. This position will be posted until filled.
Submit Your Resume Online
Send this job to a friend
|We value diversity of culture, professions and experience and are an equal opportunity employer.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|