Complete Details for Simulation Service Engineer
|Job Title||Simulation Service Engineer|
Simulation Service Engineer
Location: Calgary, AB
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure currently has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to assume the role of Simulation Service Engineer in our Calgary, AB location.
The Pipeline Simulation Group within the Oil & Gas Department is responsible for the worldwide delivery and support of pipeline simulation technology. The primary application product is SimSuite Pipeline which is used to model oil & gas pipeline hydraulic and control behavior.
This position is responsible to provide both industry and application expertise to the Pipeline Simulation Project and Support teams. This engineer will serve as a key interface between the customer and the project delivery group by defining the required solution to meet the customer’s needs. This expertise will be used to define future product features and functions in the SimSuite Pipeline application. As an expert within the Pipeline Simulation team, this individual will be responsible to work with the sales and marketing teams to promote and sell our products and services to our customers.
- Design and development of advanced simulation solutions for the Oil & Gas Group to our customers worldwide
- Work with Sales, Delivery, RTD & Product Management to provide expertise in integrating solutions to our customers
- Contribute to the standardization of project implementation methods and solutions
- Provide technical leadership in project implementation and delivery to customers
- Work directly with customers to understand customer’s needs and requirements
- Assist with the development of junior engineering staff by mentoring and providing direct expertise on current projects
- Provide technical oversight within the Simulation Delivery Group of advanced simulation solutions
- Participate in the direct sales and promotion of Simulation applications through product demonstrations, expert consulting and proposal preparation
- Travel to client sites will be required
- While assistance and training will be available, it is expected that all duties of this position will be performed under minimal direct supervision
- Non-Technical Skills & Experience Required:
- Leadership, planning, decision making, problem solving, business communications, customer relationships, teamwork, quality assurance, interpersonal communications
- Negotiation skills, influence management
- Proven written and verbal communication skills in English
- Additional Identified Beneficial Skills:
- C++ and/or Fortran application coding experience
- Secondary Language skills outside of English.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline such as Math or Physics
- 10+ years related post-secondary experience in software/systems development preferably in the Pipeline Simulation industry
- Adept at learning and applying new ideas and technology in Smart Infrastructure’s SimSuite Pipeline applications, C, C++ and Fortran development environments
- Advanced secondary degree is preferred
We offer these excellent rewards and benefits as part of our total compensation:
- Summer day off program
- RRSP company matching program
- Supplemental unemployment benefits
- Employer paid health & dental coverage
- Training and development
- Flexible health & wellness spending account
- Onsite gym
- Employee recognition award program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee transportation allowance
- Financial planning (administered through a third party provider)
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations “Make the most of their energy.”
Submit Your Resume Online
Send this job to a friend
|We value diversity of culture, professions and experience and are an equal opportunity employer.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|