Complete Details for Release Manager
|Job Title||Release Manager|
Location: Calgary, AB
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure currently has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to assume the role of Release Manager in our Calgary location. To be considered, submit your application to requisition 243 at http://us-careers.schneider-electric.com.
At Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure, we build the future. We are the industry leader in energy management solutions, and it is our mission to create an efficient sustainable world through cutting-edge technology and innovative software development.
The R & D Innovations creates software that controls critical infrastructure in diverse industries such as oil and gas, water management, traffic control, weather information gathering, and next-generation electrical Smart Grid solutions. We pioneer the development of ground-breaking real-time software that mandates highly secure, reliable, and failsafe systems, making us the leading choice in supply chain solutions for Fortune 100 oil and gas companies. Our team needs individuals who can embrace challenge and thrive in a dynamic development culture. At R & D Innovations, you will work with a talented team of renowned professionals to deliver a growing range of software solutions that manage the world's natural resources and supply modern needs.
The primary responsibility of the Release Manager is to manage a product release from inception to delivery to ensure that the release is delivered on-schedule with the functional scope and level of quality expected by our customers. The Release Manager creates and owns the Product Release Plan, the ongoing updates to that plan, the communication of the plan, and the negotiation and adaptation of the plan as changes take place. They will manage multiple releases in various stages of progress simultaneously. They work in partnership with the Development Managers, the QA Manager, the Support Manager and Product Management.
The Release Manager is a key position within the R+D organization, and as such this individual will have an opportunity to define the release management process. They will be a leader within the organization, organizing the current workflow, exposing issues earlier, and developing the plans that will reduce bottlenecks and adapt to real world changes. They are a critical service provider to the R+D organization. They will own the overall management process for getting the work completed, working with the Development Managers who are ultimately accountable for their overall product deliverables.
The Release Manager shall be responsible:
- For the development of an overall Software Product Release Plan including:
• The scope of the required deliverables for the Release, as agreed to between the Product Mgmt team and the R&D Mgmt team;
• A schedule identifying the resources, the tasks, the inter-dependencies between the tasks and resources, and the timelines involved in completing the release on-schedule.
- To ensure every person responsible for a task is aware of their accountability and the timelines.
- To ensure that handoff of tasks from one team to another is smooth and without any gaps.
- To ensure all persons are following the defined procedures for their particular role in the Release, and that all auditable records required for the Release are being properly prepared and maintained;
- To track the progress of the Plan throughout the Release cycle, and to instigate changes to the Plan as required in order to achieve the objectives of the Plan;
- To foresee, identify, mitigate and manage potential risks which may impact the successful delivery of the Release. To ensure escalation of risks is performed where necessary and in a proactive and timely fashion.
- To report to the R&D Mgmt team and the Product Management team periodically (period may vary at different phases of a release) on the progress of the Release;
- To proactively evaluate the processes and tools being used in all aspects of the Release cycle (software design, development, unit testing, integration, deployment, builds, QA testing, delivery) and to recommend improvements as required to increase efficiency in the successful delivery of a Release;
- To identify metrics for measuring success in the various aspects of the Release cycle, and to ensure appropriate records are kept to allow those metrics to be analyzed and compared from one release to another, with the objective of continual improvement.
- To manage multiple releases occurring simultaneously (which may be at different phases in the Product Release lifecycle) and to ensure that dependencies and risks are tracked across releases in a broader Program Plan.
- Experience managing complex program roadmaps with multiple simultaneous streams of activity
- Highly skilled in managing scope, timelines, dependencies, resourcing and risks
- Able to negotiate with internal teams (Development, QA, Support) as well as customer stakeholder groups
- Understands software development lifecycle in a product development environment
- Experience managing release streams in a product development environment (i.e. major release, minor release, hotfixes)
- Able to identify risks and come up with alternate mitigation options
- Able to clearly communicate release/project status as well as overall program roadmap status to different stakeholder groups – Executives, cross functional management team, internal and external customers
- Proactive problem solver
- Highly organized and extreme attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- 5-7 years of deep project management experience with software projects
- Knowledge of enterprise, large-scale software development for highly-redundant, mission-critical systems
- Experience with defect management
- Experience with source control management systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines, or a related diploma with equivalent additional experience
- PMI Certification considered an asset
We offer these excellent rewards and benefits as part of our total compensation:
- Summer day off program
- RRSP company matching program
- Supplemental unemployment benefits
- Employer paid health & dental coverage
- Training and development
- Flexible health & wellness spending account
- Onsite gym
- Employee recognition award program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee transportation allowance
- Financial planning (administered through a third party provider)
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations “Make the most of their energy.”
Please apply online at http://us-careers.schneider-electric.com. This position will be posted until filled.
Submit Your Resume Online
Send this job to a friend
|We value diversity of culture, professions and experience and are an equal opportunity employer.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|