Complete Details for Systems Specialist
|Job Title||Systems Specialist|
Location: Calgary, AB
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure currently has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to assume the role of Systems Specialist in our Calgary location.
- Analyze reported customer problems quickly and efficiently define and communicate an appropriate course of action.
- Capture any key learning and or root cause data for Customer reporting and for the Company’s internal knowledge base
- Depending on project assignments, an individual in this position may participate in the design, development, documentation, testing and commissioning of a system
- Implement the defined solution and testing requirements
- Design and implement new application functionality (Software enhancements) on client systems using new technology solutions and standard designs and methodologies
- Carefully manage requirements documents and customer expectations
- Analyze and address system operational concerns
- Perform system, database, application, and network capacity planning for clients
- Integration of third party and client developed applications to Telvent applications
- Maintaining customer satisfaction in the execution of assigned duties
- As a main contact for the customer, contribute in identifying current and future business opportunities
- Providing assistance and mentor junior staff
- Providing after-hours support on a rotation basis
- Travel will be required to Canada and/or USA customer sites to provide solutions and strengthen relationships with the customers
- Effective Leadership, Organization & Planning, Decision Making, Problem Solving and Communication
- A proven commitment to Customer Relationships, Teamwork and Quality
- Report customer problems to quickly and efficiently define and communicate an appropriate course of action
- Estimate and obtain customer buy-in on a course of action
- Desire for continuous learning
- The work is located downtown Calgary at the customer site.
- You will be asked from time to time to perform some work or take training at the Calgary office.
- Documenting technical solutions and test plans for customer future & internal benefit
- Knowledge and experience with a strong compliment of the following: UNIX, Windows NT, XP, 2000, 2003 and 2008 Operating Systems, C, C++, VBA, Microsoft .NET, Perl, csh, SQL, Sybase, Sybase DB Admin, Networking, Symantec products, McAfee products and Diagnostic and Troubleshooting experience
- Proven capability in S/W and System Development, System Integration, Documentation, Testing, Installation, Commissioning and Service Processes, and SCADA technology including an understanding of RTUs, PLCs, etc.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline such as Math, Physics or Geoscience, with 3+ years related post-secondary experience in software/systems development
- A Technology Diploma with 5+ years related post-secondary experience in software/systems
We offer these excellent rewards and benefits as part of our total compensation:
- Summer day off program
- RRSP company matching program
- Supplemental unemployment benefits
- Employer paid health & dental coverage
- Training and development
- Flexible health & wellness spending account
- Onsite gym
- Employee recognition award program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee transportation allowance
- Financial planning (administered through a third party provider)
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations “Make the most of their energy.”
Submit Your Resume Online
Send this job to a friend
|We value diversity of culture, professions and experience and are an equal opportunity employer.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|