Complete Details for Project Leader
|Job Title||Project Leader|
Location: Houston, TX
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure currently has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced and motivated Project Leader to join our Oil & Gas North America team in our Calgary location. This position is assigned to fully qualified professionals and is used to describe those whose work is exclusively focused on the technical definition and leadership of a project. To be considered, submit your application to requisition 257 at http://us-careers.schneider-electric.com.
- Working directly with our Customer’s Engineering and Operations staff to determine the requirements of a system
- Guiding other members of the department in the implementation of technical aspects of the project, once the scope of a project is defined
- Responsible for the technical aspects for the project
- Completing varied assignments requiring general familiarity with a broad field of technology and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other fields
- Solving problems using a combination of standard procedures and new approaches when required
- Leadership responsibilities include providing technical guidance to other members of the department
- Training for a person at this level is usually provided on an as needed basis, the individual participates in assessing his/her own abilities and planning for required training, training may be focused on technical or business skills
- Scheduling and are generally responsible for their own time commitments
- Travel requirement (10% - 15%) to customer site in United States with valid Canadian passport
- Requirements analysis
- Prepare functional specifications
- Define and execute FAT and SAT tests of the project
- Integrate equipment and systems in solutions and projects
- Proficient in C, C++, C#, SQL
- Proficient in communications including TCP/IP, Serial.
- Proficient in database structures, queries and reporting.
- Minimum 6 years of experience.
- Experience in Oil & Gas industry (control systems i.e. SCADA and/or hydrocarbon management, contracts, nominations allocation, metering etc.) will be considered an asset.
- Adaptability and flexibility to change
- Strong written and oral fluency in English
- Independence, able to work under minimal supervision and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Results oriented
- Customer oriented
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- A professional Engineer registered provincially with APEGA considered an asset
We offer these excellent rewards and benefits as part of our total compensation:
- Summer day off program
- RRSP company matching program
- Supplemental unemployment benefits
- Employer paid health & dental coverage
- Training and development
- Flexible health & wellness spending account
- Onsite gym
- Employee recognition award program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee transportation allowance
- Financial planning (administered through a third party provider)
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations “Make the most of their energy.”
Please apply online at http://us-careers.schneider-electric.com. This position will be posted until filled.
Submit Your Resume Online
Send this job to a friend
|We value diversity of culture, professions and experience and are an equal opportunity employer.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|