Complete Details for Operations Manager
|Job Title||Operations Manager|
Location: Calgary, AB
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure currently has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to assume the role of Operations Manager in our Calgary location.
At Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure, we build the future. We are the industry leader in energy management solutions, and it is our mission to create an efficient sustainable world through cutting-edge technology and innovative software development.
R&D Telvent Innovations creates software that controls critical infrastructure in diverse industries such as oil and gas, water management, traffic control, weather information gathering, and next-generation electrical Smart Grid solutions. We pioneer the development of ground-breaking real-time software that mandates highly secure, reliable, and failsafe systems, making us the leading choice in supply chain solutions for Fortune 100 oil and gas companies. Our team needs individuals who can embrace challenge and thrive in a dynamic development culture. At R & D Innovations you will work with a talented team of renowned professionals to deliver a growing range of software solutions that manage the world's natural resources and supply modern needs.
The Operations Manager:
- Creates and oversees the execution of the roadmap for the horizontal R+D functions including Quality Assurance, Support, and the Documentation teams. Managers for these horizontal teams will report into the Operations Manager.
- Evaluates, monitors, and recommends adaptations to overall departmental processes and structures to ensure efficiency and accuracy of product and support delivery. Works with the management team to adapt and tune the monitoring facilities (i.e. performance statistics) to achieve the departmental goals.
- Ensures departmental management of employee performance is taking place in a timely and effective manner (e.g. periodic employee reviews).
- Develops and manages hiring and retention strategies.
- Works with each member of the management team to establish a training strategy, and develops the plans to execute it. Monitors and adapts the plans through the year. Ensures that the overall department skillset is proactively shaped to match upcoming needs.
- Owns the roadmap and day-to-day management of employee facilities.
- Establishes the long term R+D lab roadmap to align with, and ensure success of, the department’s goals.
- Works with the management team to ensure effective coverage during vacations and business travel.
- Ensures department communication is occurring and that employees are informed and engaged at the appropriate levels.
- Works with individual members of the R+D management team to provide support and coaching where required.
- Establishes policies and practices for managing the above items with remotely located employees and offices.
- Manages any special department level projects that fall outside of the normal operational development or support processes.
- Chairs internal R+D management team meetings (e.g. the weekly HR Meeting).
- 5+ years related post-secondary experience
- Experience managing one or more of the core horizontal functions (QA, Documentation, Support, etc)
- Experience managing remote employees and/or offices
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal , with an ability to work with diverse groups
- Experience managing other managers is desirable
- Experience in large scale product development desirable
- Strong organization skills
- Able to observe bottlenecks in process and then develop processes and procedures to overcome them
- Independent decision maker – develop ideas and proposals to suggest changes and make decisions
- Strong initiative – proactively make use of resources to offer solutions or resolve problems
- Collaboration and negotiation with internal and external groups
- Team building and motivational skills
- Proven capability to delegate work across a large team or multiple teams
- Understands software development lifecycle in a product development environment
- Proactive problem solver
- Experience with defect management tools
- Experience with source control management systems
- Experience with QA automation test software
- Experience with Support Desk management software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines, or a related diploma with equivalent additional experience
We offer these excellent rewards and benefits as part of our total compensation:
- Summer day off program
- RRSP company matching program
- Supplemental unemployment benefits
- Employer paid health & dental coverage
- Training and development
- Flexible health & wellness spending account
- Onsite gym
- Employee recognition award program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee transportation allowance
- Financial planning (administered through a third party provider)
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations “Make the most of their energy.”
Please apply online at http://us-careers.schneider-electric.com. This position will be posted until filled.
Submit Your Resume Online
Send this job to a friend
|We value diversity of culture, professions and experience and are an equal opportunity employer.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|