Complete Details for Senior Developer/Technical Specialist
|Job Title||Senior Developer/Technical Specialist|
Protocol Technical Specialist
Location: Calgary, AB
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 140,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.
Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate/motivated individual to assume the role of Protocol Technical Specialist in our Calgary, AB location.
Smart Infrastructure delivers Information Technology for a sustainable and secure world. We specialize in solutions with high added value in four specific industrial sectors (Oil & Gas, Electricity, Traffic, and Environment) in the Americas, Europe and China. With over 40 years’ experience in industrial control and business process management systems, Schneider Electric executes projects and provides technical services in the field of mission-critical, real-time control and information management. At the source of Schneider Electric’s success are its people.
The O&G Platform group is chartered with the creation, maintenance, and support of the baseline O&G technologies. These include the O&G extended OASyS DNA, O&G Protocols, LMS, GMAS, RT-Gas, and SimSuite Pipeline. The philosophy of the Platform group is that of a product development organization, thus professional software development processes are followed throughout the full development life cycle and include source control, code reviews, formal QA, and formal release management to deliver quality products while lowering the cost of deployment and ownership. The resulting software is provided to the O&G Projects for their deployment to our customers.
- The Technical Specialist will be assigned to the OGX team to provide technical expertise.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership and mentoring of new developers specifically in the areas of Realtime application and protocol driver development.
- Solving problems using a combination of standard procedures and new approaches when required
- Leadership responsibilities include providing technical guidance to developers and ensuring that technical needs of projects are addressed.
- Working with the OGX Architect, depending on assignment, ensures the project plan is monitored and that milestones are met.
- Working with the Oil &Gas Chief Architect, provides technical design and recommendations on Realtime specific issues for the OGX Architect.
- Prototypes new concepts and approaches for the OGX Architect.
- Hands on implementation of development activities.
- Experience in the entire life cycle, developing medium or large-scale computer/software systems
- Experience in the management of small teams of engineering/software development staff;
- Experience in the management of requirements scope control
- Experience in developing solutions of a highly technical nature for real-time systems
- Experience in providing accurate cost/effort estimates for solutions which have not yet been fully developed
- Experience with OASyS in the Oil &Gas industry and specific knowledge of protocol development using Omnicomm.
- Experience with deploying OASyS in the Oil &Gas industry as both a SCADA solution and application platform.
- Experience as a developer with proven development successes in Microsoft C/C++, C#, and .NET
- Adaptability & flexibility to change
- Self motivation for learning
- Results orientated
- Independence and decision making
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline such as Math, Physics or Geoscience, with 10+ years related post-secondary experience in software/systems development, preferably in the Oil &Gas industry, or
- A Technology Diploma with 15+ years related post-secondary experience in the Oil &Gas industry, preferably in Gas Measurement.
- A good understanding of test and quality assurance concepts and methodologies.
- A good understanding of design principles and coding competency demonstrated in code experience.
- Programming skills in C++, C#, MS VS .Net are mandatory.
- A good knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, shell scripts or batch files, and basic database programming skills are an asset.
Schneider Electric offers these excellent rewards and benefits as part of our total compensation:
- Summer day off program
- RRSP company matching program
- Supplemental unemployment benefits
- Employer paid health & dental coverage
- Training and development
- Flexible health & wellness spending account
- Onsite gym
- Employee recognition award program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee transportation allowance
- Financial planning (administered through a third party provider)
Our Values & Commitment to You – The Total Employee Experience
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
To find out more about the employee experience, please follow the below link
Submit Your Resume Online
Send this job to a friend
|We value diversity of culture, professions and experience and are an equal opportunity employer.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|