Complete Details for Proposal Manager
|Job Title||Proposal Manager|
Location: Calgary, AB
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure currently has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual to assume the role of Proposal Manager in our Calgary location. This is an internal/external sales position with primary focus on internal sales processes including developing proposals, bids and supporting materials for the sales process. Secondary responsibility will be to support the field sales team in presentations and negotiations. This position may require as much as 25% travel to locations within the US and Canada region. Occasional travel on weekends may be required but will not be consistent.
1. Day-to-day management and administration of the Proposal Group including:
- Performance and salary reviews
- Training requirements
- Manpower forecasts
- Scheduling of manpower for proposal preparation and other account support activities
- Act as the Department liaison within the Company for technology/process committees, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Develop and implement process improvement initiatives
2. Support for direct selling efforts including:
- Collecting, organizing and publishing technical presentations
- Updating, reviewing, and providing demonstration collateral
- Trade show support including providing technical presentation material, demonstration collateral
- Travel to customer sites to provide demonstrations and presentations
- Providing expert technical support on all of the business unit’s products
3. Providing strategically minded account support functions including:
- Cost estimating including maintaining tools to support cost estimation processes
- Timely proposal preparation including meeting externally established deadlines
- Supplier and contractor interface including obtaining quotations for subcontracted services, interpreting supplier supplied documentation to meet specific proposal requirements and obtaining clarifications to address customer generated questions
- Providing internal coordination with legal, financial, quality and human resources departments including implementing proposal preparation processes defined by these departments
- Accurate and comprehensive project budgeting
- Accurate and comprehensive project handover to Engineering including implementing project authorization and kickoff processes
4. Maintenance of Proposal Group standards and materials including:
- Proposal preparation procedures
- Cost estimation tools and databases
- Proposal / CRM databases
- Proposal boilerplate
- Demo systems (water, weather)
- ISO coordination for the Department
- Proposal preparation process review and improvement processes including success/failure analysis
- Innovation and Creativity
- Business Vision
- Adaptability and flexibility to change
- Independence and decision-making
- Self motivation for learning
- Strong written and oral communication
- Results orientated
- Customer orientated
- Strong organization and planning
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on own
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment
- At least 2 years experience supervising a team of five or more individuals in a similar environment.
- At least 5 years sales and marketing industry experience
- Excellent writing skills as can be demonstrated in developing technical documentation, sales documentation, or proposals of 100 or more pages.
- Fluent in English. Spanish is an asset
- Study and analyze the requirements defined by the client, in order to find and offer the best technical/commercial solution.
- Risk analysis of all aspects of proposal.
- Lead the staff and assess their performance to take actions of professional development, recognition, motivation, etc., adapting the professional profiles to the roles and responsibilities
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in either: Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or alternatively a Technical Degree in a related discipline with 8+ years related post-secondary experience
- Applicants with experience in water/wastewater/environmental modeling, Process Control or SCADA Applications will be strongly considered.
- Project management experience, certificates and designation considered an asset
We offer these excellent rewards and benefits as part of our total compensation:
- Summer day off program
- RRSP company matching program
- Supplemental unemployment benefits
- Employer paid health & dental coverage
- Training and development
- Flexible health & wellness spending account
- Onsite gym
- Employee recognition award program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee transportation allowance
- Financial planning (administered through a third party provider)
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations “Make the most of their energy.”
Submit Your Resume Online
Send this job to a friend
|We value diversity of culture, professions and experience and are an equal opportunity employer.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|