Complete Details for Senior Software Engineer - Contractor
|Job Title||Senior Software Engineer - Contractor|
|Job Description||Telvent is a part of Schneider Electric, developing highly advanced enterprise automation control and information management solutions that help manage energy sources and optimize energy supply within a secure and real time environment. To retain or regain their attractiveness and competitiveness and manage their growth in a controlled way, cities need to become smarter: more efficient, more sustainable, and more livable.
To help cities around the world meet these and future challenges, Schneider Electric, and its company Telvent, provide integrated solutions combining state-of-the-art hardware, software, and services in all key areas of a Smart City.
Our innovative, expert solutions are easy to deploy and manage—helping cities to improve efficiencies and operations, meet ambitious environmental goals, and deliver better city services even with strained operational budgets. We tailor our solutions to the unique challenges of each city, and we collaborate with best-in-class partners, especially local ones, to meet cities’ immediate and long-term needs.
Schneider Electric – Smart Infrastructure is looking for a contract Senior Software Engineer that is ready to build cutting edge web applications that deliver mission critical weather information to premier businesses around the world including General Electric, United Airlines and the NCAA. Our product portfolio consists of customer facing solutions delivered via browsers and mobile applications (including iOS and Android).
Schneider Electric – Smart Infrastructure is part of Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management with 130,000+ employees in over 100 countries.
• Design and develop high-performing software for a portfolio of weather-related web applications.
• Contribute to the architecture framework of Software as a Service delivery model.
• Collaborate with Product Owners, Sales, and Customer Support on the evolution of the online product suite.
• Contribute to the optimization of continuous improvement of the software development process.
• Interface with global development teams on software development initiatives.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science / Engineering required; additional training, education, or certifications are a plus.
• Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience developing web based applications in an Open Source environment.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in full lifecycle development within an organization that is focused on developing customer facing solutions.
• Experience with Agile / SCRUM highly desired.
• Experience in smartphone / tablet development highly desired.
This contract position is based at our Burnsville, MN Center of Excellence.
Submit Your Resume Online
Send this job to a friend
|We value diversity of culture, professions and experience and are an equal opportunity employer.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|