Complete Details for Technical Writer
|Job Title||Technical Writer|
|Job Description||Telvent is a part of Schneider Electric, developing highly advanced enterprise automation control and information management solutions that help manage energy sources and optimize energy supply within a secure and real time environment. To retain or regain their attractiveness and competitiveness and manage their growth in a controlled way, cities need to become smarter: more efficient, more sustainable, and more livable.
To help cities around the world meet these and future challenges, Schneider Electric, and its company Telvent, provide integrated solutions combining state-of-the-art hardware, software, and services in all key areas of a Smart City.
Our innovative, expert solutions are easy to deploy and manage—helping cities to improve efficiencies and operations, meet ambitious environmental goals, and deliver better city services even with strained operational budgets. We tailor our solutions to the unique challenges of each city, and we collaborate with best-in-class partners, especially local ones, to meet cities’ immediate and long-term needs.
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure currently has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to assume the role of Technical Writer located in Calgary, AB. The R & D Innovations is focused on researching and integrating new technologies into our products, developing new products for our multiple verticals, and performing “disruptive innovation” to establish future markets.
In the Calgary office, we are primarily responsible for enhancing and maintaining the OASyS product, a platform for near-real-time, high throughput, highly secure, highly reliable, multi-redundant computer systems, often used in SCADA environments.
Research, writing, editing of educational and reference content for the Smart Infrastructure platform products. Manage the documentation build process. Build internal Wiki and web pages. Exposure to Schneider Electric Smart Infrastructure IT products is an asset.
- Experience writing technical documentation in a software technology environment
- Experience editing and proofreading
- Strong written communication skills
- Technical affinity using and documenting complicated high-tech software and systems
- Experience building documentation in a software development environment (preferably an Agile environment)
- Willingness to learn and mentor tools and processes
- Ability to work to deadlines and in a team.
- Expertise in tools such as Oxygen, Astoria, Framemaker, Webworks e-Publisher
- Familiarity with information structuring technologies such as DITA (including DITA publishing)
- Graphic editing software such as Adobe Photoshop
- Exposure to Telvent IT products is an asset
- Exposure to Enterprise-class software systems is desirable
- Exposure to build and development tools such as Ant, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications or related discipline with 1+ years related technical writing experience, or
- A Technology Diploma in English, Communications or related discipline with 3+ years related technical writing experience
Submit Your Resume Online
Send this job to a friend
|We value diversity of culture, professions and experience and are an equal opportunity employer.|
|Redisplay Results Search Again|